I saw an ad for a Perfect Match service, where you text your name and your boyfriend’s name to 666 or some such number, and it texts you back your chances of being intellectually and sexually compatible and living a long and happy life together.

As foolproof as this method seems, I’ve spent years developing my own compatibility evaluation exam and am happy to report that on the basis of my extensive research, there is only one fact you need to know about your future partner, and that is whether or not he brings you coffee in bed in the morning.

I’m not suggesting that if he doesn’t, there’s 100% chance that your relationship is doomed, but let’s just say it doesn’t look good.  To me, that is.

6 thoughts on “How to tell if he’s the right man for you.

1. Lesley Martin 6 years ago

My husband has me tea in bed nearly every morning since we got married and we celebrate our 25th anniversary next year, so perhaps you are on to something!

2. Sarah 6 years ago

Definitely on to a winning formula… I’m not one for having coffee in bed, but my own lovely man is guaranteed to get up an make the coffee every morning, including those days when I’m working and he isn’t. On days where he leaves before I get up the coffee malarkey is all set up, and the kettle boiled, to ease my transition into the waking world. We’re only 2 years in, but he *is* the one!

3. Philippa 6 years ago

Mine brings me tea and brekkers – we’ve been togther since 1979 and married since 1st January 1983.
    Top that!

I’d be seriously annoyed if he did. Suspect he knows that. Did get tea and digestive every morning for second pregnancy, however.

5. ceinwen 6 years ago

I am going to use this as the ultimate test. Thanks, Meg!

6. Amanda 6 years ago

Meg, personally I can’t understand people who want brown stuff of any description in bed! My own tie-breaker is a man who is big enough to admit “You are right and I am wrong” on occasion.