- The script is still being polished, and no, I haven’t read it.
- There are four or five actors in the running for Edmond and three for Piper, and they’ll be workshopping with the director (Kevin MacDonald) and Saoirse Ronan for the final choice. As far as I know, these are all “unknowns”, ie, not Zac Efron or Taylor Lautner. Or Daniel Radcliffe or Robert Pattinson. Or Shia LaBeouf. Or Eddie Redmayne.
- Principal photography begins 25 of June (!!!)
- Location will be “remote” — north of England, Scotland, Wales?
- Film is likely to be released in spring 2013
If you’re insanely impatient, you could always reread the book, or go see Kevin’s latest film, a biopic of Bob Marley, which I enjoyed greatly.
I’ll keep you posted.